Saturday, April 12, 2014

Adventures at eMagine

   My school has a program that specializes in the communication arts that is called e-Communication. You get to learn video, graphic design, web design, and animation while focusing on one strand for your junior and senior years. We make a lot of really cool art. Of course we can enter our creations into well known contests, for clients, and for our own school and community, but wouldn't it be nice to have a local contest? That is about how eMagine was born. 
   eMagine is a contest where students enter their art into subcategories of the four strands of e-Communication. Winners receive the "pixel award" and everyone gets to see the top five entries. Over the years the talent is increasingly impressive. It's amazing what opportunities can do for people. It is also really rewarding to see people seeing what you have done.
   I entered a few things I made in my graphic design and video class. The commercial that I entered ended up being a finalist, and everyone got to see a clip of my video. I didn't win, but I made a whole audience laugh, which is awesome.
   My graphics could be better, but I personally think that the typography fox I entered was better than one of the finalists. Oh well. I have two years to sweep the board.
   It's fun seeing the talent of everyone in our area. Even the schools who don't have the opportunity of joining e-Communication enter very creative art. Until next time.

1 comment: